Old 04-22-2009, 02:38 AM

Default Introduce yourself
Since this is a new forum, and I don't know anyone, feel free to introduce yourself.

Where you're from, what your interests are, what you would like in a forum....

But there is no need to talk about that one time in band camp....you can keep those stories to yourself.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Administrator

There's not much to be said about me, so this will likely be brief.

Besides having much of my time consumed by Brian and iXombie crabbing at me for not having an xbox360, I manage to be a graduate student in mathematics with research interests in modeling and computation in the life sciences. Other than that, I'm an RPG fanatic and have probably played every game that Square Enix has ever released; I thoroughly enjoy cooking; I particularly enjoy reading about generally nerdy sciencey things; I'm devoted to helping promote atheism, which seems odd since I'm only here because I met Brian on a Christian IRC network long ago. That's about it, really.

Glad to have you here, shadow.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Administrator

As most of you know, I co-founded Christian-Chat.net in 1995, and a few years later started TheDartBoard.net with a few friends. The site has completely changed over the years, but it's always been about having fun and trying new ideas. Jeff has been around many years and has been a huge help every time I decide the site needs to be redone.

I'm a huge audio nut, but can't play or write music... I've recorded demos for friends in the past, have become a huge home theater fan, and just picked up a MIDI keyboard to try synthesizing some of my own music.

When it comes to computers, I've been MS certified since NT 4.0, but I've been using macs for the last 8 years or so. I dropped linux when I got the macs, but have a few VM's I'm working with to try to catch up on linux. It didn't have GUI installers and I had to compile my owner kernels (for drivers) and even KDE back when I used it. I guess that dates me...

I'm a console gamer, and really like my 360. Forza, Battlefield Bad Company, Left 4 Dead, and Rock Band are my favorites. Over on the PC side, I do play a little Command and Conquer and way too much Phantasy Star Universe..

Oh, I almost forgot... Jeff, you need a 360 so you can play Left 4 Dead. Also you should use windows just enough to install PSU
Old 05-16-2009, 05:37 PM
New User

O hai!

Some of you know me, but for those that do not I am Mr. mjkovis. How do you all do?

I currently am starting out as a freelance web designer along with PC maintenance and repair. I also do custom PC builds for home and business. Fun, fun!!!

I am a HUGE soccer fanatic! Love the sport and you are crazy if you can't handle it! Go, go Arsenal and ManU!!!

As for gaming? Well, I am a big gamer. That is for the PC, not console. I help run a small gaming clan named the Drunken Soldiers. We have been around for almost 9 years this October!!!! Amazing!!! I have been a member and admin with them for almost 5 years now and we have quite the group. We play WoW, Enemy Territory, CoD series, Left 4 Dead and many, many others over the years.

Ok, that's it! Bai!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Hey mjkovis. Welcome.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Thanks for joining mjkovis. I'm really more of a console gamer, but I do play Phantasy Star Universe on the PC, and it's the only RPG series I've really gotten into...
Old 08-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Administrator

A quick note: I'd just like to encourage some of our new members — some of whom haven't even posted yet! — to take part in discussion and posting new topics. We'd like to get to know you better!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Hmm, well I guess I haven't introduced myself though some of you know me. I've known BrianB for a number of years to many to count...

I love video games PC and console. I've been playing ever since I can remember. I've dabbled with HTML and C++ over the years but lately just do my personal website. I got tired of doing hand me outs and running tech support so mostly in RL I try to hide my talents.

PC games I adore are MMORPG's and RTS's. I have played EQ/EQ2 on and off for over 10 years now and played StarCraft since the begining. I get hooked on other series now and then but those are the two that I have stayed with since they came out. For consoles I'm pretty heavy on the RPG's. Any FF before the X series I haven't cared for X.. XI, XII... Even FFXI being an MMO couldn't suck me into the series again. I play FPS's now and then but over all not a huge fan of them I do enjoy playing with friends though.

I work retail currently moving up the corporate ladder trying to slip back into some more management and gain experience in that til I figure out what I want to do the rest of my life.

Not sure if that was an introduction or a life story sorry about that see you on the forum!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 PM

Nice to meet you.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
New User

Hi Im cities.